The companies that design, manufacture, distribute and sell products have a responsibility to consumers to ensure that their products are safe. If you or your loved one were injured by a dangerous or defective product, contact us, as you might be eligible to receive compensation for the harm you suffered.
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our defective product attorneys can help you obtain monetary damages for your medical expenses and other losses through a product liability lawsuit. Our dedicated Washington, D.C. mass tort attorneys are experienced in successfully securing compensation for individuals and families who have been injured due to the negligence of large companies.
May Lightfoot, PLLC, is:
- Committed to client communication and service;
- Driven to succeed; and
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of defective product litigation.
Schedule a complimentary consultation today with our defective product attorneys to learn how we can help you fight for justice and closure against the corporation that harmed you.
How a Washington D.C. Defective Product Attorney Can Help
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our defective product attorneys know the complex laws surrounding product liability in Washington, DC., and are acutely aware of the legal deadlines that must be met for your claim. Therefore, it is imperative you consult one of our defective product attorneys as soon as possible after your accident to begin working on your claim.
May Lightfoot, PLLC, will do the following and more to build the strongest defective product case possible on your behalf:
- Inspect the defective product;
- Determine how your injury occurred;
- Determine how the defect caused your injury;
- Identify all liable parties for your injury;
- Gather evidence proving the product is defective;
- Hire any needed experts;
- Assess your claim value and future medical and accident-related expenses; and
- Prepare and file your lawsuit.
While most defective product claims settle outside of court, May Lightfoot, PLLC, will take your case to trial if no reasonable settlement can be reached. Call our defective product attorneys now to learn more about our services or the claim-building process.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Product liability includes:
- Protecting the user from injury by a product that is unreasonably dangerous or manufactured in a way that the danger is hidden or concealed from the buyer;
- Testing and inspecting a product; and
- Making reasonable inspections or tests for latent or hidden defects in a product.
What is a Defective Product?
A defective product has one of the following types of defects:
- A design defect. A design defect refers to something inherently unsafe in the design of the product that has nothing to do with the manufacturing process;
- A manufacturing defect. The product’s design is fine, but the product itself is manufactured differently from its intended design; or
- A marketing defect. The manufacturer of a product uses false advertising or fails to warn consumers about possible negative consequences associated with using the product.
What are Some Common Defective Products?
Up to four hundred products are recalled for safety each year in the United States. Although any product may be recalled, there are some types of products more commonly recalled than others. These include:
- Medical devices, breast implants, and equipment;
- Medications, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs;
- Children’s toys and furniture, like cribs, strollers;
- Household appliances and furniture;
- Motor vehicle parts and accessories such as airbags, tires, seatbacks, electronic systems, and children’s car safety seats;
- Sporting and recreational equipment, including defective helmets, rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and bicycling gear;
- Lawn care and landscaping tools;
- Hardware, craft, power tools, and construction tools; and
- Flooring materials, drywall, and other construction or building materials.
Contact an Experienced Washington D.C. Defective Product Attorney Today
If you were harmed by a defective product, consult a product liability attorney at May Lightfoot, PLLC. An attorney consultation is the first step in understanding whether you qualify for compensation and any other options you may have for recovery.
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, we care about our clients and offer a personalized legal experience. Contact us in Washington, D.C., today to find out more about our services and get answers to your most pressing questions regarding a defective product claims.