Assertive Washington, D.C. Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for Clients
Determined District of Columbia attorneys pursue compensation for accidental injuries
Whether you are hurt in a split-second accident or by incremental harm over a long period of time, your injury may impact every aspect of your life. At the Washington, D.C. law firm of May Lightfoot, PLLC, we help our clients seek compensation for injuries suffered on the job and in accidents caused by others’ negligence. By focusing on workers’ compensation claims and personal injury law, we provide keen insight and comprehensive guidance through every step of the legal process. Our attorneys deliver aggressive representation in the civil courts of Maryland and the District of Columbia and use our wealth of experience to negotiate satisfactory settlements.
Respected D.C.-area injury law firm advocates on behalf of people hurt in accidents
Our attorneys strive to get you everything you are entitled to, while doing our best to minimize your stress. Our satisfied clients express appreciation for our:
- Goal-oriented litigation — We relentlessly pursue favorable outcomes without losing sight of the big picture. Our goal is to achieve a solution that allows you to move forward with comfort and financial security.
- Personalized approach — Each of our clients receives one-on-one attention. When you choose us, your lawyer will take the time to understand your concerns and what matters most to you.
- Caring support — We understand that dealing with the pressure and intricacy of a workers’ compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit can be stressful. Our lawyers are committed to clear communication and responsive service every step of the way.
In the aftermath of an injury, the support of an experienced lawyer is invaluable. We strive to give every client peace of mind along with quality legal counsel.
Knowledgeable lawyers help with workers’ compensation claims and appeals
Our firm assists employees injured on the job so they can obtain the benefits they’re entitled to. Whether your work-related injury involves carpal tunnel syndrome, a spinal fracture or exposure to asbestos resulting in mesothelioma, we understand you may have questions and are committed to answering them. We are fully prepared to advocate for your rights in:
- Workers’ compensation claims — If you were hurt while performing your work duties, filing a workers’ compensation claim with your employer enables you to collect benefits for medical treatment, physical therapy and rehabilitation as well as wage replacement. We handle claims for injured employees across all industries, including those hurt in construction accidents, which may involve ladder and scaffolding injuries. Our firm can help you establish an evidence-based claim for the benefits you need.
- Workers’ compensation appeals — Workers’ compensation claims are denied for a number of reasons: application errors, misunderstandings and employer greediness. If you believe your claim was unfairly denied, we can guide you through the workers’ compensation appeals process.
Handling a workers’ compensation case on your own can be frustrating and difficult. Our legal team will develop a targeted strategy and advise you on all phases of your claim or appeal.
Skilled personal injury lawyers represent clients in the District of Columbia and Maryland
We have successfully litigated personal injury claims of all kinds, obtaining sizeable settlements and favorable verdicts. Our firm represents clients injured in:
- Motor vehicle accidents — A car accident, truck collision or motorcycle crash can leave a victim with piles of bills and long-term physical suffering. If an insurance company is unwilling to make a satisfactory offer for compensation, we are prepared to take them to court. We also represent pedestrians injured by motor vehicles.
- Slip and fall incidents — Cracked floors, icy sidewalks and wobbly railings are just a few types of premises liability issues that may lead to a serious slip and fall injury. We seek compensation through premises liability claims from property owners and managers who knew or should have known an unsafe condition existed on their premises but failed to fix it.
- Products liability accidents — When dangerous and defective products cause injuries, we strive to hold the responsible parties accountable for damages. Our firm files products liability claims against manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
A full list of our practice areas can be found here.
We are committed to justice and fairness for our injured clients. You can count on us to work tirelessly on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve as promptly and efficiently as possible.
Contact dedicated Washington, D.C. workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers
Located in Washington, D.C. and practicing throughout the D.C. area and Maryland, the lawyers at May Lightfoot, PLLC represent clients in workers’ compensation and personal injury claims. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our qualified attorneys, call 202-919-6463 or contact us online.