Commercial truck accidents may haunt their victims for years after the accident. Victims may have medical bills to pay, time off of work, lingering pain, and the inability to return to a pre-accident lifestyle. When trucking companies and their insurers deny these claims, the victim may feel unsure of where to turn for help.
If you or your loved one were seriously injured in a truck accident, May Lightfoot, PLLC, wants to help. We will strive to ensure you recover the maximum compensation available after your truck accident and hold any negligent parties responsible for your personal injuries.
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our truck accident attorneys are:
- Respected in the legal community;
- Experienced in all areas of truck accident law; and
- Knowledgeable of the strict regulations that govern the trucking industry.
Once you meet with our attorneys, we will work quickly to start your truck accident claim and get you the compensation you deserve for your physical and financial damages as well as your emotional and mental trauma.
An Experienced Prince George’s County Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our attorneys will build the strongest truck accident claim possible on your behalf and present it to the insurance company for payment. We handle every aspect of your truck accident claim from start to finish, whether that ends in a settlement during negotiations or a trial verdict from the court.
When you retain May Lightfoot, PLLC, as your truck accident attorneys, your claims services and client representation include but are not limited to the following:
- Handling all insurance company correspondence;
- Collecting all the evidence related to your crash, including any accident reports, witness statements, trucker logs, and black box data;
- Identifying and pursuing all liable parties for your injuries;
- Ensuring you receive proper medical treatment;
- Hiring needed medical and financial experts to evaluate your injury and its costs;
- Aggressively fighting for the maximum settlement available by law; or
- Taking your case to trial.
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, we genuinely care about you and your family. We will keep you updated on your case throughout the truck accident claims process and promptly address any of your questions and concerns. Call our office today to discuss your legal rights and options during a no-obligation consultation.
Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents in Prince George’s County
One of the most common causes of commercial truck accidents is distracted driving. Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving. It can include:
- Talking or texting on a cellphone;
- Eating or drinking;
- Talking to passengers; and
- Using GPS.
Other frequently cited reasons for commercial truck accidents are as follows:
- Driver fatigue;
- Drunk or drugged driving;
- Mechanical parts or truck defects;
- Driver error;
- Cargo shifting;
- Traffic congestion; and
- Road conditions.
Commercial Truck Accident Liability
Putting a commercial truck on the road takes many different parties. Any of these may share some responsibility for a truck accident and the resulting injuries. An experienced truck accident attorney can determine if any of the following parties, or more, are liable for a truck accident:
- The truck driver;
- The trucking company;
- The owner of the truck;
- The truck maintenance crew;
- The cargo company; or
- The truck parts or vehicle manufacturer.
Contact an Experienced Prince George’s County Truck Accident Attorney Today
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our truck accident attorneys will examine your accident claim for any potentially liable parties. We will then pursue those parties to hold them accountable for your losses.
May Lightfoot, PLLC, understands the challenges faced by victims of truck accidents and wants to take the pressure of your legal claim off of you so you can focus on healing. Our consultation is complimentary, so set up your appointment today at (202) 919-6463 or contact us online.