Thousands of workers are hurt each year while on the job. Many incur extensive medical bills, lost wages, and financial hardship due to their time off work. While every work injury is different, any injured worker should be afforded the opportunity to focus on healing instead of worrying about their insurance claim.
At May Lightfoot, PLLC, our work injury attorneys strive to ensure you receive compensation for your pain, lost wages, and medical bills. We review your case to determine responsibility for your injuries, assist you in filing a workers’ compensation claim, and advise you of other legal options available to pay for your injuries.
May Lightfoot, PLLC, work injury attorneys are:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of work injury law;
- Successful at winning work injury settlements and verdicts; and
- Caring and compassionate towards victims of work injuries and understanding their issues.
Let May Lightfoot, PLLC’s work injury attorneys answer your claim questions, address any of your concerns, and provide you with any needed medical referrals for your care. Contact us today to schedule your no-obligation consultation. Call (202) 919-6463.
Let Our Experienced Washington, D.C. Work Injury Attorneys Help You
Work injury claims are complex and best handled by skilled attorneys. They employ strict deadlines, have extensive paperwork, and there are specific rules that must be followed when filing a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim.
The work injury attorneys at May Lightfoot, PLLC, stand ready to help you with:
- Protecting your rights against insurance companies and employers;
- Building you a strong case for compensation;
- Ensuring you are not denied any compensation you are entitled to due to a technicality or mistake in paperwork;
- Negotiating fair and full compensation for your injuries; and
- Shielding you from employer retaliation for filing a claim.
May Lightfoot, PLLC, handles every aspect of your workers’ compensation or personal injury claim from investigation through negotiation and settlement or trial. Call us in Washington, D.C., now to speak with a work injury professional.
Causes of Work Injuries in Washington, D.C.
Work injuries happen every day in Washington, D.C. Statistically, a work injury occurs every seven seconds in the United States. Overexertion from manual labor is the most cited cause of work accidents, along with slips, trips, and falls, and contact with objects and equipment.
Examples of workplace injuries are:
- Severe burns;
- Broken bones;
- Skin and lung diseases;
- Amputation and disfigurement;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis;
- Head and brain injuries, including traumatic brain injury; and
- Hearing and vision loss.
Workers’ Compensation vs. Third-Party Claims
While workers’ compensation will pay for medical care and a portion of lost wages regardless of fault for workplace injuries, there are instances that leave injured workers with unpaid accident-related costs.
Workers with remaining costs may qualify for a third-party accident claim. A third-party claim allows workers to recover damages from parties they come into contact with while on the job. Third-party claims are unlike workers’ compensation claims in that workers have to prove the third-party was at fault for their workplace injuries.
Common third-parties include:
- Equipment manufacturers;
- Manufacturer of industrial chemicals;
- Construction site owners;
- Property owner or manager; or
Contact an Experienced Washington, D.C. Work Injuries Attorney Today
If you or your loved one were hurt in a work injury accident, call May Lightfoot, PLLC at (202) 919-6463 or contact us online. If you qualify, a third-party claim could help you pay costs not covered by workers’ compensation. The work injury accident attorneys at May Lightfoot, PLLC, are available to answer your questions, help you recover, and get back to your best possible life.